Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fashion Rut is The Pits

 photo Picture4.png
Its that time of the year again. Nope, I'm not talking about summer where skimpy string bikinis, candy-coloured flip flops and Banana Boat coconut tanning oil start reappearing on everybody's...well, body.

I'm talking about that time of the year where the fashion tribe starts falling into a fashion rut. Where every stylish girl worth her weight in salt nail polish starts to feel the rising temperature levels and the onslaught of the lethargy monster even before she steps out of her door. Because, really, with temperatures like these, how can one even summon up enough energy to go anywhere? Needless to say dress up.

I, myself, have fallen into a deep fashion rut and can't get out. My style of late has been...somewhat ho-hum, bordering on a 'I-can't-be-bothered-to-care-what-I-look-like' spectrum. Whilst I would have gladly worn my favorite floaty seafoam green chiffon scarf out a month or two ago, this time, I somehow seem to want to step out in only denim shorts and a tank top. Its come to a point where I abhor wearing denim shorts solely because I keep doing it.

The weird thing is, I didn't really 'get it', not till recently. On a very hot and balmy afternoon where I was scheduled to meet my girls for a spot of high tea, I almost didn't turn up. Why? Despite spending almost 2 hours standing in front of my closet rifling through my clothes, deciding what to wear, I still couldn't convince myself that what I had on was good enough to go.

Now, I'm not gonna chant the oft-quoted statement that 'But..I don't have any clothes!', because I am one to be honest with myself. I DO have enough clothes. I just don't have enough clothes that I am satisfied with anymore. Everything that once looked like something I'd wear ad nauseum now just makes me shake my head in distaste.

When did everything fall into the "ugly" basket? I need to find me some inspiration, stat.

 XO,
 photo Picture3-2.png

No comments: